About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Sage panko crusted chicken with homemade Lingonberry sauce

Don't let the pink fool you. This actually taste really good. Homemade sage panko crusted chicken with homemade lingonberry sauce. I was shock that my kids ate it all. At first my kids were skeptic because it was pink but when I asked them to take just a small bite, they liked it. My son said, "Wow mom, this is pretty tasty."



1 1/2 lbs of boneless chicken breast, sliced thinly and seasoned with freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder, dried sage, grilled seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce.




Coat seasoned chicken breasts with a simple flour batter.




Planko crumbs seasoned with dried sage, paprika, white pepper, and garlic powder.
In a pan I heated 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil  on high heat and cook each side for about 4-6 minutes until golden and crispy. Transfer on a lined paper towel to get rid of excess oil.

In a bowl I mixed together 1/2 -3/4 cup lingonberry jam, less than 1/4 cup fresh lingonberries 1 cup creme fraiche, and 1 tablspoon sugar.

On a plate added 2 spoonful of my homemade creamy mashed potato, then placed sage planko crusted chicken on top and drizzled lingonberry sauce over chicken and topped with chopped spring onions.


No comments:

Post a Comment