About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Mac and Cheese soup with a little extra

1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup cauliflower florets
1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
1 cup shredded white cheddar and saved some for topping
1 package cream cheese
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup måt fløte (cream)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
dash nutmeg

crispy chopped bacon

I steamed my broccoli and cauliflower in a steamed bag, in microwave for 4 minutes.

In a large pot bring 8 cup of water to a boil and add about 1/2 cup macaroni and cook for 8 minutes until tender.

In a large saucepan on medium heat, I stirred in condensed soup, cream cheese, cheese, broth, garlic powder, pepper, and nutmeg. Whisked and stirred well, lowered heat and cook for 8 minutes. I kept stirring so it didn't stick to the pan. I drained macaroni and stirred into soup.  Ladle in a soup cup, topped with shredded white cheddar and crispy bacon. Served with a side of fresh baked sliced toasted bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment