About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Cheese Spinach Tortellini Vegetable Soup

One of my 3 little kids favorite soup. It's a lot of work but it's worth the smile on my kids faces.

In a medium bowl I combined 1 package of ricotta, Parmesan cheese, steamed spinach, nutmeg, a little salt and pepper. Mixed well and set a side.

In a large bowl I mixed 3 large eggs, 3 tablespoons water, 2 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt. Then I poured the egg mixture slowly into another bowl with 3 cups flour. I mixed with my hand until all ingredients combined. Covered bowl and and let rest for an hour.

On a clean work surface, dusted with flour. Remove dough from bowl, placed on a flour work surface, started kneading the dough for about 8 minutes. I rolled out dough by hand making a large rectangle shape, then I used a glass cup and cut dough into 4 inch round circle about 16 circle shape.

Placed about 1/2 teaspoon cheese spinach filling in the center of each circle dough, brushed egg wash on the bottom half of circle dough and folded over to seal. Shaped it to form of tortellini shapes.

In a soup pot I added 2 liter of water and salt when boiled, I added batches of fresh tortellini and cook for 4 minutes until floated to the surface. Then place of a strainer to drain and continued cooking the rest of tortellini.

In a soup pot I added about 10 cups homemade chicken stock, 3 chicken bouillon, 1 lb chopped already roasted chicken breast into bite size and add to the stock, salt, pepper, and other spices to taste, brought to a boil for 10 minutes, added 1 cup chopped carrots, 1 cup chopped celery with leafs, 1/2 cup frozen peas, 1/2 cup parsnip. Cook vegetable until tendered for about half hour. When vegetables were tendered I added  stuffed tortellini and a handful chopped parsley and let simmer for 7 minutes. I ladled soup into 4 soup bowls topped with parsley and Parmesan cheese. Served with hot french bread.



No comments:

Post a Comment