About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Lasagna Soup


I found this recipe at www.pauladeen.com

I just had to try it. It came out great and taste great too. My husband has never heard lasagna soup and his face looked like WTF. He was skeptic. When he tried it. He thought it was yummy. I added Worcestershire sauce and I didn't used bell pepper.


In a soup pot on medium to high heat I heated 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.


I added in chopped onions, 3 clove minced garlic, 1 lb 95% lean ground beef. Then I seasoned with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, some herbs. Cook until meat has browned. I didn't have to drain. (Every time I cook with Norwegian ground beef. I never drain because their is not much fatty liquid in them. When I cook with American ground beef, always have to drain).











I added 1 tablespoon brown sugar, diced tomatoes, 2 cans tomatoes, 1 can tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, 4 cups homemade chicken stock, and salt. Stirred well and leave to boil.
When it started to boil on medium high heat, I reduce the heat and let simmer for half hour.

Half hour later......

I added broken lasagna noodles. Stirred well and evenly so they don't stick. Let simmer until noodles have cooked.

About 15 minutes later I stirred in freshly grated Parmesan cheese and freshly chopped parsley. Stir well.

Preheat my oven to 375 degrees F.  I ladle my lasagna soup into ovenproof bowls. I sprinkled evenly shredded mozzarella cheese and baked in the oven for 7-10 minutes until cheese has melted.

 Served hot with homemade sliced baguettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment