About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Bacon & Blue Cheese stuffed chicken breast

My husband favorite combinations bacon, blue cheese, bread crusted juicy chicken breast all in one. This was by far one of my family favorite dishes. Buying chicken breast is so expensive in Oslo. It's not 1.29 dollar a pound like it is back in the states. It's more like 15.50 dollars for 1 1/2 pounds for fresh chicken breasts but it was worth it. I made blue cheese sauce and added crispy bite size bacon and stuffed into chicken breasts. I also made homemade cheesy home fries.

Recipe for homemade blue cheese sauce.

1 1/3 cups mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
7 ounces blue cheese, crumbled

In a large bowl, I whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce. Then seasoned with dry mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper. I stirred in blue cheese crumbles mixing/combining evenly. Covered and refrigerated for 24 hours. 

I heated a non stick skillet and cooked 8 slices chopped bacon until brown and crisp. In a medium bowl I added my homemade blue cheese sauce and crisp bacon bites, stirred well. Stuffed blue cheese bacon sauce in chicken breasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment