About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Breakfast/Brunch time

Breakfast grilled sandwich made with easy eggs, bacon, shredded Gouda cheese...

Homemade strawberry crepes.


Homemade bacon & sunny eggs crepe square.

Today I felt like cooking. I was in cooking mood and I out did myself this morning. With 3 little kids pulling on me, and letting the husband over sleep. Breakfast/brunch was great. These crepes are so delicious.

Ingredients



1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
4 large eggs
3 tablespoons melted butter


In a large bowl I combined and whisk (with an electric whisk on high speed for about 1-2 minutes) flour, sugar, salt, milk, eggs, melted butter. Let rest for 10 minutes.



I heated up a non-stick skillet over medium heat. I lightly coat skillet with plant margirine (could of use Pam spray). Then I add 1/3 cup crepe batter and swirl to completely cover skillet. Cook for about 2-4 minutes until underside of crepe started to lightly brown.
I loosen the edge of crepe with my spatula, lift it up, flip it over, and cook for another 2-4 minutes.   Repeat until all crepes are done. 









No comments:

Post a Comment