About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Stuffed Chicken Breast


Homemade Stuffed Chicken Breasts


Tonight's dinner is homemade stuffed breaded chicken breast with homemade cheesy mashed potatoes.

 
I paid about 18 USD for 1 1/2 pound of chicken breast.


Preheat oven 375 degrees F.

650g fresh chicken breast about 1 1/2 pounds
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 paprika
1/2 cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon Maggi seasoning sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons mayonaise

Slit open on the side of the chicken breast for the season chicken with all ingredients listed above. Mix well with your hands.

 
Prepare flour station. You will need 3 bowls.

1st bowl:

1 cup of all purpose flour
1 cup of whole wheat coarsely ground
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning

Combine all ingredients into a large bowl.


 
2nd bowl:

2 large eggs

In a bowl beat eggs well.



3rd bowl:

2 cups breadcrumbs



Take one chicken breast at a time. Dip chicken into the flour mixture, then egg mixture, and breadcrumbs. Continue coating the rest.


Preparing your stuffing

4 mini baguettes torn to small pieces
1 cup of dried cranberries
1 cup chopped red apple
2 stalk celery chopped
half medium onion chopped
1 stalk chopped green onion
salt and pepper for taste
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon dried thyme
4 tablespoon butter soften

1 cup shredded cheese of your choice. I just used regular Norwegian cheese
2 cups chicken stock

 
In a large bowl combine torn baguettes, cranberries, apple, celery, onion, green onion, salt, and pepper, dried sage, dried thyme, and soft butter. Add the chicken stock mix well and then add your shredded cheese. Mix again.




Stuff your breaded chicken breast (where you slit the side) with the cranberry & apple stuffing.


Melt 2 tablespoons butter into a deep skillet on medium high heat. Then place the stuffed chickens in the skillet let cook for 2 minutes on one side.

Then cover with foil and in the oven it goes 375 degrees f for 45- 50 minutes . The last 15 minutes remove foil and keep baking until golden crispy.

Here you have stuffed breaded chicken breast with side of homemade mashed potato and corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment