About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Homemade stuffed baguettes (bacon cheese burger)

This is sooooooooo good but really not good for you. O-well. I'll probably walk it off with my kids tomorrow. It's my homemade stuffed baguettes. Stuffed with bacon cheese burger dip.


For my bread I used 1 cup warm water and 1 package active dry yeast and set in a bowl for 5 minutes. Added 2 cups flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt. I mixed everything with my hand until form into dough.Then I knead dough on flour wooden surface and shape into a ball, placed back into a large bowl covered for half hour until double it's size.

Punched dough down. I rolled and knead dough on floured surface. Cute dough in half. I worked the dough and shaping them into baguette/bread like shape. Sliced each loaves length wise.Covered the dough and let rest for 40 minutes. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Beat egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water brushed the egg mixture on the baguettes. Baked in the oven on  25 minutes.

After baguettes are done. Let cool for 10 minutes. I slice bread lengthwise not cutting all the way through. I stuffed the cutting part with mixed cheddar cheese and hamburger cheese mixture and topped with more cheese. I greased a little on lined foil. Carefully placed baguettes and cover, baked in the oven for 15 minutes until cheese has melted.  

 Stuffed baguettes





In a large skillet I heat up 1 tablespoon flora plant margarine and added my chopped bacon ( 6 slices) cooked until crispy. I placed cooked bacon on paper towel to get rid of excess oil. I left some oil in the skillet. With the same skillet and bacon oil I added in 1 pound of lean ground beef and seasoned with salt, pepper, steak seasoning, and seasoning sauce. When beef has cooked semi well, added onion & garlic. Stir well. Cook until onion has soft a bit. Set a side. In a medium size saucepan on medium heat I added 4 tablespoon plant margarine and flour. Whisk until flour and margarine thickens, then added 1 1/2 cup cream, whisk again until thickens. I whisk in 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons ketchup, seasoning and herbs, whisk everything well. Added 4 different kinds of shredded cheese, and white sharp cheddar cheese. 
I poured in the cheese mixture onto my hamburger mixture and into a baking dish. Topped off with more cheese. Preheated oven on 375 degrees F and baked in the oven for 20 minutes until cheese has melted. Served with homemade bread slices and topped with chopped chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment