About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Cambodian Steaks

Homemade Cambodian/Asian juicy steaks with tamarind dipping sauce


This was one of my favorite dishes my mom used to make when I lived back home. Here is my version of her steaks. The steaks I bought in Sweden because it's cheaper and I think it taste better.

Ingredients:

1 lb Entrecote or beef steaks
1 stalk green onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoon soy sauce or Maggi Seasoning Sauce ( I usually use Golden Mountain soy sauce)
2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
salt and pepper for taste
2 teaspoons blackened steak magic seasoning blend
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

In a medium bowl mixed all ingredients together and mix with your hands and cover with plastic wrap, leave in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.

In a large skillet heat up 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil on medium/high heat fry marinated beef 4-5 minutes on each side. Serve hot with rice and tamarind sauce. 




Tamarind sauce

Ingredients
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoon tamarind paste
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons fish sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 chopped hot red peppers (optional)

In a small sauce pan on medium heat, add water and tamarind paste, stir and cook until the water bubbles. Add sugar, fish sauce, garlic, and red pepper. Stir until sugar dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool before serving.

(Add more fish sauce if you like it saltier or if you like it sweet add more sugar)

No comments:

Post a Comment