About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

BBQ chicken pizza

Homemade Pizza (BBQ chicken)



Simple pizza dough
1 package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm water ( 110 degrees F)
2 1/2 cups of bread flour ( if you want it a bit crunchy) or 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour ( if you want the dough to be chewy)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/3 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in 1 cup warm water. Let stand until it gets creamy for about 10 minutes
Then stir in the flour, salt, and oil in the yeast mixture. With your hands combined together until it turns to dough ( add a little bit olive oil and little flour so it won't get too too sticky) When it becomes doughy.

Transfer dough in a large bowl don't forget to coat the dough with a little olive oil and cover dough and let rise in a warm place for about 40 minutes.

Punch dough down and turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat and knead the dough with your hand.

Transfer the crust onto a lightly greased pizza pan and poke little hole all around the pizza crust with a fork. Then top it off with any toppings, cheese, and sauce you want. Bake in the oven for 20- 25 minutes or until golden brown.


BBQ Chicken pizza
4 boneless chicken breast cut into cubes or small bite sizes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 cup of hickory BBQ sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon molasses
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup of cilantro chopped(optional)
1 pre-bake pizza crust
1 cup of shredded cheese of your choice


Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
season chicken with Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and season salt.
In a saucepan over medium- high heat stir in chicken and red onion together cook for about 7-9 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through brown but not over cook.
In a bowl combine BBQ sauce, honey, molasses, brown sugar, and cilantro. Then pour over the chicken and bring to a boil for about 7-10 minutes
Spread chicken mixture evenly over pizza crust and top it off with the shredded cheese of your choice. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with a side of salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment