About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Yummy Cambodian/Asian food

My homemade Cambodian/Asian food
I miss my mom every day and especially her cooking. Living in Norway and across the Atlantic far away from my family is hard. I have 3 small kids and my husband works a lot. I'm usually doing all of the cooking, cleaning, taking care the 3 little ones. I don't get a break or any help. It's mostly tough for me because I get homesickness and have been through a lot and these past years hasn't been to good.  It would be great and a big help to live closer to my family because they offer to help to watch the kids once a week and it would be nice for the kids to spend more time with their grandparents. My parents haven't meet their 3rd grandchild yet. Anyways every time we visit she would make Vietnamese noodle soup but the Cambodian way because she knows that it's my favorite. She makes fresh spring rolls, Vietnamese omelet with the ground chicken, bean sprout, veggies, and her homemade sweet fish sauce, Cambodian lemon chicken soup, other soups, egg rolls.

 


I have made a lot of my mom's cooking. I've tried and I have to say she would be proud but her cooking is way better. I love cooking Cambodian/Asian food and sharing it with my family.



My homemade spring rolls.
These are my homemade egg rolls served with spring roll sauce.
My family loves these and my husband's family them too. It's fun to make with my kids. I usually would use ground pork, ground lean beef, potatoes, vegetables, Asian seasoning and spices. Serve with spring roll sauce or sweet chili sauce.

 
<<<<<< My homemade fresh spring rolls.

 My homemade roast Cambodian 5 spice duck
I used five spice powder, salt, pepper, seasoning sauce, red food coloring, etc...... and I stuffed with fresh ginger, shallots, garlic........ >>>>>>>



< Served duck with sauteed asparagus with oyster sauce, garlic, chili, etc... So yummy.


Fried pork with chili sauce. My dad would something similar to this. It was really good. I also remember he made homemade steamed pork buns too. I have to try making my own one day.



Homemade Cambodian fried rice with homemade 5 spice glazed pork. I add peas, corn, carrots, Chinese sausage, fish sauce, soy sauce, other Asian spices and seasoning.  Reminds me of home.


Spicy Asian fried chicken with homemade chili sauce served with basmati rice and cucumber tomato salad. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>



<Cold vermicelli noodle salad with homemade sweet fish sauce. And you should have egg rolls on the side. I didn't had any.


Asian chicken and ginger served with jasmine rice>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


One of my favorites is my homemade Vietnamese beef noodle soup. Topped with mint leaves, bean sprouts, cilantro, coriander, green onions. Dipping sauce I would use Golden Seasoning, Hoisen Sauce, and hot sauce. The beef broth is so simple to make.


This is my son's favorite. My homemade Cambodian sweet and sour beef soup topped with cilantro and green onion and serve with jasmine rice. >>>>>>>>>



<<<<This is my homemade Cambodian beef diakon and potato soup. Serve with french bread and rice.





My homemade Cambodian sardine and carrots and diakon relish. These are one of my favorites almost like the one my mom makes. Sriracha hot chili sauce goes great with these>>>>>>>>>>>



My beef, broccoli, veggies stir fry.








One of my favorites the way my mom makes.  This is my homemade Cambodian beef loc lac. Freshening and delicious.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>




My kids favorite my homemade fried pork won tons serve with sweet chili sauce.
My homemade crab won ton cups, stir fried noodles, and glazed Asian spicy wings.

I have more pictures of Asian food that I've made.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are so homesick! I would do childcare for you if I could and help out. Bi provided in home childcare for 40 yrs. I have 7 kids, 7 grand kids and 1 great-grand daughter . So I kinda know what I'm doing, LOL. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete