About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Mini meatloafts recipe

Mini Meatloafs
My husband is a meat lover and this is one of his favorite comfort food.

Here is my recipe for my mini meatloafs.

Mini Meatloaves with glaze
3 slices white bread, crusts removed, torn into chunks by hand or 1/3 cup breadcrumbs

1/3 cup of milk

1/3 cup of parsley

3 tablespoon of Maggi Wurze or Worcestershire sauce

1 large egg

chopped mushrooms (optional)

1 small onion minced

1 teaspoon chili powder

2 glove garlic finely minced

1 1/2 lbs (ground lean beef and ground pork)

salt and freshly ground pepper

tablespoon steak seasoning

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1/2 cup ketchup

1 to 2 tablespoon brown sugar

1 table spoon red wine vinegar

Preheat oven 375 degrees F.

Mix together breadcrumbs, milk, parsley, mushrooms, egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion, chili powder, and garlic.

Then add the lean ground beef and ground pork to the mixture season with salt, pepper, and steak seasoning. Mix well with your hands until all combined. Shape into little 4 inch oval loaves.

Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the mini loafs and brown about 3 to 4 minutes per side and then transfer to a lightly greased casserole baking dish and add a little water ( 1/2 cup) to the baking dish. (Don't wash the skillet because you would need it for the glazed. The meat juices will go great with the glazed mixture)

In a small bowl whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar and brush a few tablespoons over the mini loafs. Cover with foil and in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes.

Add the remaining ketchup mixture to the skillet and cook over high heat, stirring, until thick for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve


No comments:

Post a Comment