About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Banana Apple Cinnamon Oat Muffins



This morning I made my homemade banana apple oats chocolate glazed cinnamon muffins.The scent of these muffins while baking in the oven smelled amazing and these were very tasty. My whole family loves these, even my 3 little picky ones and asked me to make more with other fruits.

Recipe for my banana oat chocolate chip muffins: You will need 2 muffin pans, Pam spray, large bowl & wooden spoon or large spoon.

Ingredients:
2 or 3 bananas mashed
3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
1/4 cup apple sauce 
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cups all-purspose flour or whole wheat flour
1 cup Apple Cinnamon havregrøt (oatmeal)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup milk

1/2 or 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chip

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl stir together mashed banana, melted butter, lemon juice, maple syrup, apple sauce, brown sugar, and then beat in the eggs, mix well. Then add flour, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg. Add your milk and chocolate chip mix/stir all ingredients well. Don't over mix. Grease the muffin pan with Pam spray or butter. Pour the mixture into the muffin pans.



Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin pans.

For the chocolate glazed

1 tablespoon butter
12 ounce semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon coco powder
2 tablespoon heavy cream
2 tablespoon corn syrup

In a small deep sauce pan on low medium heat, pour in heavy cream, corn syrup, butter coco powder and chocolate, stir with a whisk very often until chocolate melts and thickens. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. When it cools just pour over the banana muffins.




No comments:

Post a Comment