About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Bacon wrapped stuffed steaks

Tonight dinner I made steaks, wrapped around with bacon and stuffed with sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese. My husband was very happy that I made this. It was heavenly delicious. This could be low carb if I got rid of the potatoes and the sauce and serve it with a side of salad. I thought about making this when I visit my family in the States.

 
  


For the stuffing in a bowl  I added 6 pieces of  chopped sun dried tomatoes, 1/2 cup feta cheese, 2 teaspoon dried basil, salt, pepper. Combined well with my hands.

I seasoned 4 slices of entrecote filet with seasoning sauce, salt, pepper, steak seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, and other spices.



In a skillet heated 2 tablespoon olive oil on medium/high heat, seared my steaks for 3 minutes on each side.






I spread my feta cheese mixture on top of my steaks..........





afterwards I rolled them and wrapped bacons around my steaks.....



Placed bacon wrapped stuffed steaks on a baking dish and baked in the oven 375 degrees F for 20-35 minutes until bacons become golden crispy. 

Here you have bacon wrapped stuffed steaks. I served it with homemade bearnaise sauce and homemade baked mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment