About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Stuffed burgers

Hamburger stuffed with sauteed green bell pepper, mushrooms, onions, cheddar cheese. I would call it Stuffed Philly Beef Burger. I never seen an Philly Cheese steak in Oslo. Maybe in a Subway restaurant downtown but I haven't been to one in a while. Watching an episode about Philly cheese steak on the travel channel, I wanted to make peppers, mushrooms, and onion cheese steak. Sad part was I didn't have any sirloin so I used what I had, ground beef and I wished I had provolone cheese too but that is rare to find in the grocery stores. The only place I know that actually sells provolone is at Smart Club and I didn't want to take a drive just to buy provolone. Smart club is almost like BJ whole sale or Sam's Club.
I sliced a whole green bell pepper, sliced 1 onion, sliced mushrooms, sauteed vegetables and seasoned with steak seasoning, a little Worcestershire sauce, Philadelphia cream cheese, a little måt fløte(food cream), dash of salt & freshly ground black pepper.
For my ground beef seasoned with salt, pepper, steak seasoning, spices, Worcestershire sauce......shape into thin burger patties, topped with my veggies and cheddar cheese, then covered with another beef patty. secured the edges, and grilled my burgers.
Placed stuffed burger in a burger bun, added slice of Jarlsberg cheese, topped with more sauteed veggies, and greens. I served it with sweet potato fries and more salad.

I've noticed that last time I visit my parents back in the States, at Stop and Shop they sell the Norwegian Jarlsberg Cheese and the funny thing is, it's much cheaper to buy in the States than here.

No comments:

Post a Comment