About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chicken, mango, avocado wontons

I had a lot of wonton wraps in my freezer. There are so many ways to use wonton wraps. Fried wonton pork, cheese wontons, southwestern chicken wontons, crab rangoon, Tex-Mex wonton cups, buffalo chicken wonton cups...etc. The other day I made chicken mango, avocado tex mex but the Asian way. It came out yummy. Served with plum sauce and salad. It's not too spicy and it's tasty. I bought most of my ingredients at the Asian Market. I love buying fresh produce and doing my shopping at the Asian Market near Sandvika. They have a lot if varieties on fresh vegetables and fruit. When I get a little homesick I would go to Sandivka and  I could find most stuff I would find in the Asian market back in Boston.




Shredded roasted chicken breast, chopped fresh Chinese parsley, chopped fresh green onion, chopped mango, minced shallots, minced garlic, chopped onion, corn, blade parsley, corn, avocados, lime,soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, seasoning salt, salt, ground black pepper....... Then I fried 6 wonton pastry in a wok. Topped crispy wonton with my chicken, mango, avocado. Topped with fresh chopped Chinese parsley. Serve with side of plum sauce and salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment