About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My first day in my own little kantina


I made 100 homemade pork spring rolls (chinese cabbage, shredded carrots, onions, coriander, green onion, garlic, seasoning salt, salt, ground black pepper, seasoning sauce, oyster sauce) served with sweet chili sauce & a side of salad.

 I also made cream cheese with spring onion ragoons.

I also made homemade mini New England Scones ( flour, maple syrup, oatmeal, apple, cinnamon, sugar, banana, semi sweet chocolate chip.....)

My mom gave me her recipe for homemade sauce for fresh spring rolls. I would mix a little of homemade sauce with sweet chili sauce, tasty dipping sauce with my pork spring roll sauce or fresh spring rolls.

I stayed up all night preparing and prepping for my kantina. I used up most of my kroners to make all these.

My husband suggested that I should open a little kantina in his new martial art institute. I thought why the hell not give it a try........
So my first day in my new cantina was very stressing (with my 3 little kids everywhere) but I did enjoy making food. I was nervous because I thought I would sell nothing. Norwegian have different kind of taste than Americans I think. No one really wanted to try my New England Mini Scones or Cream Cheese Rangoon even though my family had tried it and thought it was good. I also made fresh baguette cold cuts with veggies, cheese, and mayonnaise. I did sell for my first day.  All in all my husband thought I did well. I hope later in the future it would be much easier and better, just hoping more people would give me a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment