About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Chicken noodle soup with love


Today was a great day to make chicken noodle soup with vegetable. Now that my kids and I are doing a lot better than the past couple days with this flu that we've caught. This soup helped a lot. My husband is not a fan of soup at all. The only soup he like is my homemade Vietnamese Beef Pho Soup and some other soup I've made in the past. He is more into chunky stews with a lot of meat and thick sauce.
He said, " I will have soup if you put some spice into it, so I did. I even cut up carrots into heart shape just because I love my family and  plus I was inspired from a picture I saw on pinterest, how to cut up carrots into heart shape. So I had made a big huge pot of chicken noodle soup. I should have made more because my whole family loved it especially the meat eater (hubby). This soup also reminded me when my parents visited me during the holiday, flying across the Atlantic to visit their oldest daughter (me). My mom had made me almost the exact same soup when she was visiting. I miss her cooking. Nothing is better than mom's home cook meal.

For chicken soup recipe

3 liter of homemade chicken stock which I made before hand
1 liter water
1 onion, chopped
6 carrots, peeled, cut 1/2 inch thick slices into shape of hearts
6 celery ribs with leaves, cut into 1/2 inch thick
8  peeled potatoes, washed cut into bite size
2 bay leaf
4 chicken bouillon cubes

2 cups shredded cooked chicken

tablespoon dried thyme
tablespoon dried parsley
1-2 tablespoons old bay seasoning
Provence with garlic
seasoning salt
tablespoon lemon juice

1/2 lbs cooked wide egg noodles

freshly ground black pepper
salt

chopped green onions

In a soup pot filled with homemade chicken stock over high heat. I added in onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, bay leaf, and bouillon. Brought stock to a boil and cook until vegetable become soften about half hour. Added in cook shredded chicken and seasoned soup with thyme, parsley, old bay, Provence, seasoning salt, lemon juice. Then added in cooked noodles and let soup simmer for 5-7 minutes. Seasoned with ground black pepper and salt. Ladle soup in a soup bowl, sprinkle with chopped green onion and served.





No comments:

Post a Comment