About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Homemade Cinnamon Buns

 I had this recipe for 6 years, I haven't made them since but the other day I wanted to make them and so I did. My kids never had them before ( the one that I made), they gave them a try and loved it. I'm not a fan of cinnamon buns and I'm not into so much sweets, cake....even though I make them but I make them for my family.  
I  mix 3 cups of whole milk, 1 cup of vegetable oil, and 1 cup of sugar in a large saucepan, just heat until boiling. Removed from heat, set to cool for about 15 minutes. 

Then added in 2 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast, waited for about 5 minutes.

Add in 5-6 cup of flour and mixed well with the liquid mixture. Let sit for an hour to rise. 

Added 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 cup of flour and mix well with hand.

Knead dough on a flour surface. Roll into rectangle shapes.

Brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with mixture of cinnamon, brown sugar, and a dash of nutmeg.

Rolled into a log and cut into round about 1 1/2 inch. Then placed in a buttered baking pan

Baked in the oven at 220 degrees C for 20-30 minutes until brown.

For the icing I mixed in a bowl about 1 cup of powder sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 1/2 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of melted butter, and a little dash of salt. Drizzled over cinnamon buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment