About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Spinach and Serrano

Creamy Spinach and Serrano Ham grilled cheese sandwiches. It's so yummy but I will only make this once every 3 months. 

1 tablespoon flora plant margarine
1 cup shredded Serrano ham
6-7 cups fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup Philadelphia cream cheese
3 tablespoons mat fløte/food cream


4 Slices a day old loaf bread
4-6 Gouda slices
2 tablespoon  flora plant margarine.

In a skillet on medium/high heat, heated 1 Tbs margarine. I added in Serrano ham and cook until lightly crispy. Lowered heat. Stirred in fresh baby spinach, mixed well for 4-6 minutes. Then I stirred in sour cream, cream cheese, and food cream. Cooked for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.


In another skillet on medium/high heat, heated 2 tablespoons margarine.

While waiting for the skillet and margarine to be heated up. I took 4 slices of bread and placed Gouda cheese on each slice, spooned in spinach and Serrano mixture in the middle. Grilled sandwich for about 4+ minutes on each side until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment