About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Pork with homemade mushroom sauce

Another dish I made today. Homemade bacon wrapped pork loin with homemade mushroom/onion sauce, and homemade mashed potatoes.

I bought bacon and pork loin at Meny in Hønefoss, Norway. I think that is how you spell it. It used to be an Ica Maxi but now it's a Meny. I wanted to check what they had there because I haven't been there in a while. I have to say, it's a really nice grocery store but I sure do miss American grocery store. I miss the prices, more varieties on meat and other things. The prices are expensive but Norway is an expensive country. I still can't or will ever get use to the price here. I bought 400 gram pork loin cost 39krs that's around 6.20 USDollars and bacon was offer 24krs/4.20 USDollars.

Sliced pork into thin slices. Seasoned and marninade for about an hour. Then wrapped around with bacon, set a side.

Diced 1 onion,2 clove garlic, chopped mushrooms. In a large saucepan heated 3 tablespoon margarine on medium/low heat. Added in onion and garlic, sauteed for 10 minutes. Sprinkled in 2 tablespoons flour and whisked until thicken, then seasoned with salt and pepper, cooked for 3 minutes. Added in chicken stock and cognac whisked, cooked for 5 minutes. Then stirred in mushrooms cooked for 3 minutes. Added in cream. Stirred and let simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set a side.

In a large skillet heated a tablespoon olive oil on high heat. I cooked 6 bacon wrapped pork for 5 minutes on each side until golden crispy. Place cooked bacon wrapped pork on a serving plate and let rest for 6 minutes.

On a serving plate. Place mashed potatoes in the center of the plate, then place bacon wrapped pork loin on top, pour mushroom sauce on top and around.


No comments:

Post a Comment