About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pork with peach sauce


I found an article on Food Network Magazine in my Barnes&Noble nook. I came across Weeknight Cooking "Pork Chops with peach sauce". It's easy to make. My family especially my son and my husband love pork and they absolutely love this dish. Instead of serving green beans, I served homemade coleslaw and steam broccoli on the side. 



For the peach sauce
1/3 cup peach jam
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons cold butter cut into small piece


In a saucepan with tablespoons water on medium heat cook the jam, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce whisking until thickens for 5 minutes. Whisk in vinegar and butter (a few pieces at a time). Add in a few tablespoons water if the sauce becomes too thick. Remove from heat and cover.



For the Crispy Pork Chops
1 lb boneless pork loins. (I used what I had in my kitchen pork chops instead) 
 (optional seasoned and marinade pork with seasoning sauce, salt, all round, pepper, Cayenne pepper, dried thyme before coating) Let marinade for an hour.

1/2 cup corn flour

1 cup flour
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg
vegetable oil for frying

In a small bowl add in corn flour

In another bowl whisk 1 cup flour, 1 tablespoon paprika, baking powder, 1/2 cup water, egg, teaspoons Worcestershire sauce.

Coat each pork chops in flour, then dip in the flour batter. Fry until golden 4-5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towel. Serve with peach sauce and steamed broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment