About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Soft Pretzels



I was craving for soft pretzels and I wanted to make some. I haven't seen any soft pretzels in the Oslo area. I have seen some but it was along time ago. These are my kids favorite with the hot dogs.

Ingredient
1 1/2 cup warm milk 
1 package active dry yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
3 cups all purpose flour, plus more for kneading
1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
1 1/2 teaspoons table salt

1/3 cup baking soda
3 cups warm water
1 egg beat with 1 tablespoon water
course alt

Pour warm milk into medium bowl and sprinkle in the yeast. Let the yeast mixture sit for about couple of minutes. Stir in the sugar, 1 1/2 cup flour, and melted butter. Mix and combined. Add the remaining flour and salt. Mix until dough is sticky. Remove dough from the bowl, onto a lightly floured surface and knead. Add more flour if needed until smooth. Shape dough into a ball. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let it rise until it doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 200 degress C. Grease a large baking sheet.

Punch the dough to deflate it, remove from bowl and place onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough, roll, stretch each pieces into 20 inch rope, stretching it, form each rope into pretzel shapes.
Pour 3 cups warm water in a pot and add the baking soda until it dissolves. Dip each pretzel in the baking soda mixture. Place each on the greased baking sheet. Brush each pretzel with the egg wash and sprinkle a little salt on each pretzel. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment