About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Baked Crispy coconut/cornflake stuffed chicken breast

I made a similar version instead of fish I made it with chicken. Baked crispy coconut cornflakes stuffed chicken breast. I stuffed the chicken breast with a creamy spinach sauce. This was really tasty. I didn't deep fry. I just brushed some seasoned oil over the chicken and baked in the oven.


Stuffed Crispy Cornflake/Coconut Chicken

6 chicken breast
salt
black pepper 
paprika
cayenne pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
Italian seasoning
Worcestershire sauce

2 eggs beaten with 1 Tablespoon of water

1 1/2 cup cornflakes crumbs
1 cup coconut flakes
salt, garlic powder, pepper, parsley, paprika

2 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted butter

Cream spinach

1 bag of fresh spinach 
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

In a sauce pan heat butter on medium heat. Stir in cream cheese, cream, and Parmesan cheese until smooth. Stir in fresh spinach. Cook for about couple minutes, so the spinach is coated with the sauce. Remove from heat and let it cool.


Preheat oven to 200'C-220'C

Butterfly each chicken breast and season chicken with the herbs and Worcestershire sauce to your taste.

In a bowl beat eggs and water together.

In a large bowl combine cornflakes crumb and coconut flakes seasoned with a dash of salt, garlic powder, pepper, parsley flakes, and paprika powder. Mix well.

Dredge each chicken in the egg mixture and then coat with the cornflake mixture.

Stuff the chicken with the cream spinach and fold the chicken to secure the filling. Place each chicken side by side on a greased baking dish. Shown in the picture below. 


Brush each chicken with butter or oil

Cover the top of the dish with foil and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. The last 10 minutes remove the foil and let it bake until it becomes golden crispy.







No comments:

Post a Comment