About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Monday, December 22, 2014

Crispy Sriracha Coconut Wings


I bought 2 kilos of chicken wings at one of my favorite place to shop, Rema 1000. They are much more affordable than any other grocery stores I've been. They usually have what I need when it comes to buying meat except for beef. 

 I've made 3 different kinds of wings:
Honey BBQ wings
Sweet and Sour wings
Crispy Sriracha Coconut Wings

Here is my recipe for Crispy Sriracha Coconut Wings


3 eggs
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup Sriracha
1/2 teaspoon paprika

1/2 cup self rising flour
1 cup panko bread cups
1 cup coconut flakes
1 teaspoon pepper

1 kg chicken wings
salt
pepper
garlic powder
paprika
Italian seasoning
seasoning sauce

Sauce
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoon fresh lime


In a medium size bowl beat the eggs with water. Add Sriracha to the egg mixture, until mixture is bright orange. 

In another bowl combine flour, panko crumbs, coconut flakes, and pepper.

Next season chicken wings with salt, pepper, garlic powder, seasoning sauce, paprika, Italian seasoning.

Dip the seasoned chicken in the egg mixture and then coat well in the panko/coconut/flour mixture.

Heat oil to 350 degrees F in a deep pot. Do not fill the pot more than 1/2 full with oil.

Fry chicken wings in the oil until golden brown and crisp. I fried 6 at a time and flipping them over so they cook on each side evenly. (These wings I bought were small it took 6-8 minutes to cook through)

For the sauce

Melt butter in a small pot over medium heat. Add the honey, hot sauce, soy sauce, and lime juice. Stir until mixture bubbles gently. Remove from the heat and set a side.

When all the wings have been fried, drained on paper towel to get rid of excess oil. Transfer wings in a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the wings and gently toss to coat. Or use the sauce as dipping sauce. 

1 comment:

  1. Best Value Premium Ford edge titanium For sale - Tatanium
    › › Home titanium exhaust tips › Tatanium-Arts-Geofft › › Home › Tatanium-Arts-Geofft Tatanium Premium Premium Premium Premium titanium astroneer Premium Premium Premium Premium babyliss pro nano titanium flat iron Premium Premium Premium mens titanium wedding rings Premium Premium Premium Premium aftershokz titanium Premium Premium Premium Premium Premium Premium Premium Premium Premium Premium Premium Premium Premium Premium Premium

    ReplyDelete