About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

My version of Vietnamese Pancake




For the batter
1 3/4 cup of rice flour
2 tablespoons corn flour
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 can coconut milk
2 cups iced water
2 tablespoons oil
In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, corn flour, turmeric, sugar, salt, coconut milk, water, 2 tablespoons oil until smooth. Cover and place in the fridge for about an hour or overnight to rest.



For the filling I used

3 clove minced garlic
1 onion, minced
1 1/2 lb ground pork lightly marinade with oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, salt and freshly ground pepper
1 lb bean sprouts
1 cup Chinese cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
coriander
green onion


In a large skillet or a wok, on high heat, heat up 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Add in minced garlic and minced onion, cook for 4 minutes then add in marinade ground pork, stir and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, bean sprouts, fresh coriander, chopped green onion. Cook and stir everything well and remove from heat.




In a large non-stick skillet on medium/high heat, using a ladle, ladle in flour batter, tilt the skillet to distribute the batter evenly. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until edge curls up.




Then add in the pork filling on half side of the pancake, sprinkle some more bean sprouts, and fold pancake in half, cook for about 2 minutes and slide onto a warm plate. Continue with the rest.



Serve with peanut dipping sauce or sweet fish sauce/chili sauce lettuce, herbs such as mint & basil



No comments:

Post a Comment