About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sketches and my Pasta E Fagioli Soup in my crockpot

Hi, everyone. It's been awhile since I last posted. I had been busy with my kids, did sketching, and had been sick for almost 2 months with coughing and fever. I'm doing better for now. 


Some of my sketches I've done.









Yesterday, I was craving for soup so I made Pasta E Fagioli Soup in my crock pot. It was delish. Cooked for 8 hours. My kids woke up early this morning and helped themselves and emptied the crock pot. I was looking forward having soup for lunch but it was too late. I will make more of this later on. 

Here is my recipe for Pasta E Fagioli:


2 lbs ground pork or beef (seasoned with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, all round seasoning)
1 garlic bulb, minced 1/2 cooked with meat and 1/2 in the crock pot
1 onion, chopped
1 zucchini chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 jar pasta sauce of your choice
1 can red kidney beans, drained
1 can white kidney beans, drained
2 beef bouillon cubes
3 1/2 cups beef stock
few tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 or 2 teaspoons pepper
5 teaspoons parsley
1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional) ( I used Louisiana hot sauce)
dry elbow pasta or any pasta you'd prefer I used Penne pasta.

In a nonstick skillet add a tablespoon cooking oil when hot add 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic, stir in meat, cook well until meat is brown. Drain fat from meat and add to crock pot with everything except pasta. Cook on high 4-6 hours then set to low heat. Taste and adjust flavour the way you would like (add little more seasoning, a little salt, pepper). Add pasta the last 30 minutes. Serve with a side salad and some garlic bread!
(I seasoned veggies with chicken powder before putting in crock pot)
(I didn't add pasta in the last hour, I cooked separately. Spoonful of pasta and ladle soup over it and served)



1 comment:

  1. Steve Buscemi! One of my favorite actors, how cool!

    ReplyDelete